This article describes how to test the extraction of content (email attachments, notes or email content) via the AttachmentExtractor for Dynamics 365.
Once the Service Setup is complete, you can run extraction-tests as follows:
- Start your “Service“
- Open the “Extraction Analysis & Single Item Extract“-dialog
This dialog allows defining records you want to test the extraction against. This can be
- URL of Email records: The services will extract all attachments and/or the content of the email
- URL of an entity record: The service will extract all notes attached to the record.
Example: Extract Email Attachments or Email content from an Email
Open the email record in your browser and copy the URL (like in this example: https://crm640860.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?appid=a25d9efd-4d7e-ea11-a815-000d3a8c9451&forceUCI=1&pagetype=entityrecord&etn=email&id=434ce4c6-b28a-ea11-a811-000d3a5691c7).
To test the extraction against this record:
- Press the [Single Item Extract]-button
- Click on [Add Single Item Extract]-button
- Paste the Record URL into the prompt and click [OK]-button
Once done, the item will be added to the list:
- The service will catch the record on the next run through. As this might takes a few seconds you need to hit the [Refresh]-button to refresh the window
- The Checkmark indicates that the extraction is finished. Click on this row to get extraction details.
Please Note: You can of course also check your records or your external storage (SharePoint or Azure Blob) for the extracted content.
Should you run into any issues, we are happy to help at email@example.com