Update: To test the compatibility of your phone system, please download the Phone Test Tool. A sptep-by-step user guide is in the ZIP-file included. The tool offers two commmunication channels (TAPI and SIP). You need only one of them to be able to use our CTI addon.
The goal of that blog article is to describe how to easily test whether TelephoneIntegration addon would work with customer PhoneSystem (PBX) either via TAPI or via SIP. This is the easiest 5 minute testing without any deep technical knowledge about TAPI or SIP.
Prerequisites & Checklist
1) Details of phone system:
a. Vendor name:
b. Model name:
2) Is a TAPI driver available for your phone system ? (yes/no)
If you are unsure, please check with your phone system vendor for availability.
3) If #2 is no: Is your phone SIP-based? (yes/no)
If you are unsure, please check with your phone system vendor for details.
4) Depending on Have you been able to verify compatibility using the information below?
In order to make the most out of the call please ensure that a person with rights to download/install software as well as a person familiar with the phone system is available during our call OR has been able to perform the below tests prior to our joint call.
TAPI-driver available for your phone system:
1. After installing and configuring the TAPI – driver for your phone system
2. Start Window Phone Dialer by pressing “Win+R” to call out the Run box, then type “dialer.exe” and hit Enter.
3. Type in the number you want to dial and then go to Tools and select Connect Using as you can see in the figure below.
5. Press Dial. You should see a new Dialing popup as you can see below.
reworkneeded … update the dialer picture. In the title replace word “over” with “via”. It suits better. By SIP Phone section you might mention Bria and Zoiper as well. Since new year, CounterPath has stopped the distribution of X-Lite softphones. Its successor is Bria which is no longer available for free. Zoiper remains free.