This article shows how to set up a DocumentsCorePack Service to enable document generation and processing capabilities within your Dynamics 365 or Power App.
Step 1: Login or register on www.mscrm-addons.com
The registration is quick and free. Once logged in, you will:
- have access to all our free 14-days trial versions
- be able to request full support on all trial versions
- receive our newsletter
- be able to upgrade free trial versions to licensed products
After your login select “My Account” and “my cloud services”.
While your connection gets verified, this window is displayed to remind you not to close this window or navigate away.
After your connection is set up the setting “Service Name” is required. Select a unique service name and know, that it cannot be changed. Press the [Save Service]-button.
This windows gives you some important information about the setup. Please obey the recommendations and press the [OK]-button.
Your Service Configuration is Completed when you see this message. Press the [Ok]-button.
Congratulations! Your DocumentsCorePack Service is running!
6. Show Advanced Options (Figure3):
- Push Request Logic: Specifiy which Push Request Logic should be used by the DCP Dialog.
- Enable Debugging: In case of any issues during the document generation, we would recommend you to enable debugging here. The log files will be available as soon as the service is saved.
- Notify on service changes: Select this option in order to receive an e-mail every time there is a service change.
- SharePoint Single Location: Specify a SharePoint location for document edits even when no SharePoint integration is enabled within the CRM.
- Force this service to be the only document-generating service: If you select this option, this will be the only service which processes your documents.
- Category: Number category for priorization. Rewuired when using multiple services. Default is 0.
- Server Version: This field informs you about your current DocumentsCorePackversion on your instance.
6a. Show even more Advanced Options
- Only count users with security roles for licensing: This feature was enabled in order to deal with a common issue that all users with an assigned Dynamics 365 will automatically become enabled users in every Dynamics 365 tenant and thus counts towards our license although the users have no access to the tenant. Once enabled, our licensing will count users only if they have at least one security role assigned which is not the case for auto-assigned users from the Office 365 portal.
- Skip solution import: If you select this option, the setup will assume that you have already imported all solutions that are necessary for the creation of a service. If a particular solution is missing, the creation of the new service will fail.
- Skip role assignment: If you select this option, you will either have to create a custom role covering the required rights or you will have to manually assign the security roles.
- Synchronous solution import: If you select this option, the setup will try to import the solutions synchronously.
- Use SharePoint compatibility connection: If you select this option, a compatibility SharePoint connection will be used.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.