To run a workflow- or dialog-process, it is necessary to set up a new DocumentsCorePack (DCP) service to start the document generation process.
This article outlines how to start a service in DocumentsCorePack ServerBased (DCP SB).
Please Note: You have to install your service first, otherwise you can´t apply for a license and please install your service with your “Admin”-credentials otherwise it won´t work!
Additionally please also find our video tutorial for DocumentsCorePack that shows how to start the DCP Online Configuration, here.
Please follow the below step-by-step tutorial in order to start a DocumentsCorePack Online Service properly.
Step 1: Open the MSCRM ADDONS-Homepage and register
The registration is quick and free. Once logged in, you will:
- have access to all our free 14-days trial versions
- be able to request full support on all trial versions
- receive our newsletter
- be able to upgrade free trial versions to licensed products
After your login select “My Account” and “my cloud services”.
While your connection gets verified, this window is displayed to remind you to not close this window or navigate away.
❺ Show Advanced Options:
- “Create Document” Button Configuration You can configure here, on which entities you want to see the “Create Document” Button
- Enable Debugging In case of any issues during the document generation, we would recommend you to enable debugging here. The log files will be available as soon as the service is saved.
- Notify on service changes Select this option in order to receive an e-mail every time there is a service change.
- Skip solution import If you select this option, the setup will assume that you have already imported all solutions that are necessary for the creation of a service. If a particular solution is missing, the creation of the new service will fail.
- Skip role assignment If you select this option, you will either have to create a custom role covering the required rights or you will have to manually assign the security roles.
- Synchronous solution import If you select this option, the setup will try to import the solutions synchronously.
- Use SharePoint compatibility connection If you select this option, a compatibility SharePoint connection will be used.
- SharePoint single location Specify a SharePoint location for document edits even when no SharePoint integration is enabled within CRM.
- Force this service to be the only document generating service If you select this option, this will be the only service that processes your documents.
- View Setting: An information window pops up. If you copied a service you can see two URLs and this could be the reason why your document creation isn´t working.
- Only count users with security roles for licensing This feature was enabled in order to deal with a common issue that all users with an assigned Dynamics 365 will automatically become enabled users in every Dynamics 365 tenant and thus counts towards our license although the users have no access to the tenant. Once enabled, our licensing will count users only if they have at least one security role assigned which is not the case for auto-assigned users from the Office 365 portal.
- Repair attachment MIME types This option will repair on a service start all wrong application/octetstream mime types for *.docx, *.doc, *.pdf – files.
- Category Number category for prioritization. Required when using multiple services. Default is 0.
- Server Version This field informs you about the current Attachment Extractor version on your instance
- Azure Service Name Setting You can see here the configured “AzureServiceName” Setting
Step 3: Finish your CRM-connection.
❶ Please insert a “Service Name” with at least 4 characters!
❷ Choose your Instance where you live and to finish this process of adding a service press the
❸ [Save Service]-button.
This window pops up. Please do not close this window or navigate away.
This window tells you when your Service Configuration is completed. Press the [OK]-button.
Now you can see in the “Service Configuration” your service running successfully.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.