After embedding SmartBar (via the MainPage.html) into a CRM form or dashboard, a CRM view based button for CRM 2015/16 can be created. Such a button shows the number of records related to the selected view. A click on the button navigates you to this view. This step-by-step tutorial outlines how this is done quick and easy.
1) Please make sure that SmartBar has been embedded via the MainPaige.html into a CRM form or dashboard.
2) Next, load its configuration. To do so, click on the [Settings]-button in the SmartBar.
Figure 1: Open the SmartBar Configuration
3) In the config that pops up now, please click on the [Add]-button in order to add a custom button.
4) In the following dialog select Entity | Sitemap, the main entity (e.g. Cases) and a view related to this entity. Leave the field Count View Records enabled in order to count the records and click on the [Create]-button:
Figure 3: Create a button
5) Please perform this step for all the buttons you would like to add. As soon as you have finished, change to the Styling-tab and select Metro.
Figure 4: Switch to Metro Style
6) Get your result(s). After the configuration has been saved, your SmartBar should look similar to the below example. With a click on the corresponding button, you will be forwarded automatically to the defined view.
Figure 5: Get the results
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.
#reworkneeded.. intro is not good.. better explanation.. and first picture is missing