This article applies to ActivityTools in
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 and 2015/2016 ONLY!
Step-by-step description on
how to activate debugging for ActivityTools
1) To activate debugging for ActivityTools open CRM and navigate to Settings:
Figure 1: CRM > SettingsThere, open the Solutions.
Figure 2: Solutions
Search for ActivityToolsPluginCore and open it with a double-click:
Figure 3: Search for ActivityToolsPluginCore
2) This action will open the ActivityTools Settings. In the settings, select the General Settings-tab and enable debugging.
Figure 4: Activate/deactivate debugging for ActivityTools in CRM.
Click on the [Save Configuration]-button in order to save your settings. Debugging is enabled now.
3) Next, access the log files. The log files are usually stored in the MSCRM-ADDONS.com Debug-entity. the easiest way to access it is by using the Advanced Find.
Figure 5: Advanced Find in CRM 2015
4) Settings for the Advanced Find: Select the MSCRM-ADDONS.com Debug-entity and include the following condition: Name must Contains PTMActivityTools. This ensures, that only ActivityTools-files will be retrieved.
Figure 6: Settings for Advanced Find
5) Next, click on the [Edit Columns]-button and the below editor will open.
Figure 7: Edit columns editor
Use the Add Columns-functionality to add the ptm_message-field to the grid. Click on the [OK]-button in order to proceed.
Figure 8: Add Columns-functionality
6) Back in the main dialog, click on the [Results]-button. Next, delete all retrieved debug records.
Another way is to select the debug file by Created On date. Then reproduce the error and refresh the result list of this Advanced Find. This ensures, that you only receive the latest and relevant log files. Select all records and click on the [Export MSCRM-ADDONS.com Debug]-button.
Figure 9: Export MSCRM-ADDONS.com debug-files
In the next dialog, check Static worksheet … and click on the [Export]-button.
Please send the Excel log-file with a short error description and a screenshot to our support address firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.