With DocumentsCorePack for MS Dynamics On-Premise/Online, you can print dynamically generated documents automatically on a specific printer.
But before you can start to use this functionality, there are several things to do. Because DocumentsCorePack runs as service with a service user, you have to install the printer as described in the steps below to ensure that the service user has access.
How to install a printer which is visible for services:
- Go to the Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Click on Add a printer
- It is very important to select Add a local printer
Figure 1: Add local printer
- Step through the rest of the wizard and create a new port.
- Type in a simple name for the printer without using spaces. This makes it easier for you to retype the printer name in the different workflows of DocumentsCorePack.
Figure 2: Type in a random name for the printer
- Finally, please try to print a test-page to see if the printer works correctly.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.