If you are using DocumentsCorePack (DCP) with HTML, you can define complex and special formatting in your HTML code and use Word formats with your template to achieve a cohesive and specific look/feel. This article outlines the HTML settings for DCP fields and:
How to enable file-based formatting with DCP
If you want to insert complex HTML codes or want to provide special formatting, use the following step-by-step instructions.
1) Make sure your HTML code is valid and in a ready-to-use format within Dynamics 365.
Figure 1: HTML code
2) Insert the field into your template by using the Insert Field button. Next, select Insert as HTML, as shown highlighted in yellow below.
Figure 2: Insert Field – Insert as HTML
3) Click once in the field and navigate to ❶ Field Properties to open it.
Figure 3: HTML Field properties
4) Next, change the ❷ HTML Type to Type 3 and click the OK button.
5) Add the Settingskey WordMailMergeHTMLUseBuilderFormatting with the value true to your Word document properties. Here you can find a short description of how to add the Word properties in DocumentsCorePack.
Figure 4: Add Settingskey
You can use word formats with your template, but make sure to define a style within the Content Control properties. To do so, please follow the next steps.
How to enable field-based formatting with DCP
1) Click in the Content Control, go to Developer and open the Properties, as shown highlighted below.
Figure 5: Developer Properties
2) Check the highlighted checkbox and provide a Style, which in this case is Heading 2.
Figure 6: Content Control Properties
3) You can either select a pre-defined Style from the list or create a new one via the New Style button. After you have made your formatting decision, click on the OK button.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com!