A Multi-Select Picklist (also known as a “choice column”) is a way to simplify data entry. These are a specific attribute type in Microsoft Dynamics 365 that allow for the selection of multiple options from a list generated from a data set.
Previously, when adding a Multi-Select Picklist in DocumentsCorePack, such fields could only be inserted as a simple comma separated list without spaces.
Now, with the 10.33 version or higher of the DocumentsCorePack Template Designer, you have additional options to setup the layout of such fields in your templates. (For best results with this new feature, DocumentsCorePack Sever/Service Version 2020.115 or higher is recommended.)
To do this, insert a Multi-Select Picklist field in your template. Then, open the “Field Properties” (❶).
- Within the “Field Properties-Dialog” (❷), you will see additional options to control the behavior of such fields. The default for new fields will be commas (with subsequent spaces!).
- In addition to using the predefined options (“Semicolons,” “Commas,” and “Newline”), you can set custom characters or strings by selecting “Others” and entering your delimiter in the textbox. You can view these options in the “Delimiter” section.
- The “Use custom delimiter for last element” option will allow you to also setup connecting words to increase the readability of such fields in your documents, as shown in the resulting document on the right side (❸).
- Layout settings are always bound to that specific field, which means it is not possible to insert the same field twice with different layout options.
- This field type supports different languages. To setup a specific translation for this field, use this additional setting. Reinserting the field is recommended if you set the specific language setting in an already existing template.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.