Due to the deprecation of the so-called “WS-trust authentication security protocol” when connecting to Microsoft Dataverse (Dynamics 365) in June 2021 it is required to enable “server 2 server” authentication for all customers using Addons for an Online deployment of Dynamics 365 or PowerApps.
This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to enable “server 2 server” authentication for the following components:
- DocumentsCorePack Template Designer
- TelephoneIntegration Client
1. Open the Connection Dialog
DocumentsCorePack Template Designer: Right-click on the Data-Provider icon in your Taskbar – > “Configuration”. Once opened, click on “Change Logon”
Telephone Integration: If you do get the following error message, simply click on “Open Settings”:
Alternatively you can right click on the TelephoneIntegrtion Icon in your taskbar > “Setup“. Within the settings, switch to the “CRM“-tab and click on “Setup Connection“
2. Enable “Server 2 Server” authentication.
Within the connection dialog, simply perform the following steps:
1. Activate the “Prefer Server2Server authentication” setting
2. Hit “Retrieve all” or “Retrieve organizations”
This will open the Microsoft OAuth-window to authenticate your user where you can enter the credentials you want to use to connect to your Dynamics 365 or Powerapp.
3. Select the organization you want to connect to.
4. Confirm your changes with a click on “Ok”
IMPORTANT: Older versions still have the “use local discovery” setting enabled and checked. Please ensure that this setting is disabled!
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.