If you receive the following error message while saving a document to SharePoint, DocumentsCorePack (DCP) failed to generate the document:
ERROR:|CHECKLICENSE|SUCCEEDED|newAutoMerge|StartMerge|ErrorMessage:No part of the path
Prerequisites: DocumentsCorePack ServerBased CRM 2013/2015 (OnPremise). Please find here the Online version of this blog-post.
Please Note: The error usually occurs because of missing or false SharePoint user credentials/rights. It is mandatory that you have administrative access to SharePoint if you want to correct this error.
Minimum permission of SharePoint user:
- Able to log into the root site of SharePoint.
- Read access on the site.
- Read and write on the document library and all subfolders (create folders and upload files).
- For impersonation and SharePoint attributes: Site admin rights.
Step 1: Navigate to Solutions in your Dynamics 365 via the Settings.
Step 2: Double-click the DocumentsCorePackServerCore solution.
Step 3: Now enter:
- Credentials for your SharePoint user.
- Password for your SharePoint user.
- The domain.
Don´t forget to Save.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.