DocumentsCorePack allows for quick and seamless document generation with Dynamics 365 data for any industry. Along with generating documents, DocumentsCorePack allows for the processing of documents (e.g. attach and send documents, begin an E-signature process, concatenate documents, and more).
With the DocumentsCorePack (DCP) dialog, you can perform such document processes with ease. The dialog guides users through the document generation process and offers a variety of options to process the document. This article explains the many features and capabilities of the DCP dialog.
1. Open the DCP Dialog
First, select the Create Document button in the CommandBar in order to access the DCP dialog from your Dynamics 365. Please note that you have to do this from the record you want to generate the document for. In our case, we are starting from an account.
2. One-Click-Action or manual document process option
Once the DCP dialog opens, select the Let me decide every step option.
Please note: You also have the option to choose a One-Click-Action (OCA), however, we will only discuss those briefly at the end of this article.
3. Template Selection
You will then be prompted to choose a DCP template.
Please note: You can choose from templates that have been designed with our Word-based DCP Template designer. Here is information on designing templates with our Template designer.
4. Document Processing
For the next step in the dialog, you can make selections from a list of document processing and delivery options. These options are listed below and in further detail here.
- 4.1. Select the filetype you want to generate the document as.
- 4.2. Select if you would like to attach the document, and if so, then how. Next, fill out the details based on your selection. In the example below, we would like to attach the document as an email. You can then select the sender, recipient(s), any accounts to CC or BCC, an email template, and whether or not to send the email(s).
- 4.3. Select if you would like to print the document (Click HERE for details).
- 4.4. Select if you would like to save the document to SharePoint (Click HERE for details).
- 4.5. Select if you would like to run a workflow once the document is generated, and if so, then which one (Click HERE for details).
- 4.6. Select if you would like to run an action to process the generated document, and if so, then which one (Click HERE for details).
- 4.7. Select if you would like to run a Microsoft Flow, and if so, then which one. (Click HERE for details)
Once you have finished making your selections, press the Create Document button at the bottom of the dialog. Before the document is processed, you will be provided with a preview to ensure the document is ok to be delivered.
Note: If there are changes that you would like to make to the resulting document, then you have the option to edit the document further in Word (local or online) via the “Edit” button.
If you are satisfied with the preview of the document, then press Finish at the bottom of the dialog to complete the document generation process.
This concludes the explanation of the features and capabilities of the DCP dialog.
As forementioned, in addition to choosing every step of the document generation process, you have the option to create and select One-Click-Actions (OCAs) in the dialog.
OCAs are pre-configured options that have the choices/selections for the document generation process pre-selected. So once a user selects an OCA, the document will be automatically generated based on those previous selections, which can save time and boost efficiency. Learn more about how to configure and use OCAs here.
Listed below are some articles related to the DocumentsCorePack dialog and other information shared in this article.
- How to create custom language translations for the DocumentsCorePack dialog.
- DocumentsCorePack Template Designer – Getting Started
- One-Click-Actions (OCAs) in DocumentsCorePack
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.