As this can impact the behavior of other components, I would recommend to test this outside of your production environment first. Please also note the time in case you may need to revert the environment to a previous state and consider performing this out of office hours to prevent any kind of business impact:
- You need to have OrganizationSettingEditor installed in your environment, which I checked and seems to already be present.
- Open the “OrganizationSettingEditor” from Settings > Solutions
- Click on “ActivateAdditionalRefreshofworkflowCondition” Edit Action button:
- Change the current value from false to “true” and click on update.
- Once the value is updated to true, close the current solution and publish all the customization.
- Once the changes are published, select the “system jobs” which are stuck at “waiting” state.
- Click on resume and wait.
- After clicking on resume, check whether the system jobs are getting changed or not.
- If you may notice any odd behavior inside the system after this change has been performed, please revert it.
This procedure was recommend by Microsoft in the course of a support ticket. Even thou the information you can find online regarding this topic seems to be outdated this would still be a valid attempt. Please consider the described precautions!