This article describes how you can customize the date time format of the main activity date in the activities grid (left pane).
This is possible with ActivityTools version 2020.9 and higher.
Out of the box it shows different date formats depending on the activity date:
- either it only shows the date (without time) for older activities,
- or it only shows the time (without date) for activities happening today.
A custom date time format can be defined via the “ATGridDateFormat” setting.
It allows to define different format for activities happening today, this year and all others.
- Use “main” to define a base format (required)
- Use “this year” to define a format for all activities happening this year (optional)
- Use “today” to define a format for all activities happening today (optional)
A possible setting could look like this:
Please note: In some case the customized format can lead to a longer date string. Then it can be necessary to extend the column width. You can use the “GridCustomColumns” setting to define the width of the date-column.
To do so, add a “col” tag to the parent “columns” tag. Add the “id” property with “usedDateTime” and add the “width” property and the define a value in pixel.
The setting could look like this (the column has a width of 120px):
<root> <columns> <col id="usedDateTime" width="120"></col> </columns> </root>
Find more information about the “GridCustomColumn” setting.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.